It's really simple!
- Plug in your Phorus product and turn it on. In some cases, the product will power on automatically when you plug it in. The Wi-Fi indicator light should be pulsing slowly and steadily.
- If your Phorus product does not have its own audio output, you may want to go ahead and connect it to your AVR or speaker before proceeding with set up.
- Download one of the free Play-Fi apps from the Google Play store, Amazon app marketplace, or Apple App Store, or download the Play-Fi Windows PC software.
- iOS users: Open the Wi-Fi settings menu on your phone or tablet. Select “Phorus Device” from the available options, and then open the Phorus app.
- Android and Windows users: Simply open and run the app.
- From here, the software will find your new speakers and connect them to the Wi-Fi network for you. You will type in your network password once, and the app will do the rest.
- During installation, the app will look for and install updates for the Phorus products. These product updates add a few minutes to the installation time.
- Once network set up and speaker updates are completed, you can select a name for your new speaker(s) and start enjoying the music!
If you run into any issues, or the setup doesn't quite go as expected, refer to our troubleshooting topic to help guide you to a solution. You can also reach out to customer support, who is more than happy to help.